Aging a natural process and inevitable as wear and tear and loss of efficiency in the so called machinery of body is bound to happen, no matter what you do. Still, there is a golden rule if you talk on terms of health, ‘If you treat your body right, it will treat you right’. There are some skincare, dietary habits and lifestyle patterns that can be followed so that you age healthy and the signs of ageing do not appear prematurely. Read on to know more..
Lifestyle Changes And Dietary Changes:
- You must have heard the old saying, ‘ Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.’. It is true indeed if you sleep sufficiently for a span of at least 7 to 8 hours at a stretch; it gives your body enough time to repair most of the damage that inevitably occurs during the day. This is because at night the body mode switches from being defensive to regeneration and repair.
- Make it a habit to drink at least 2 cups of warm green tea every day. It is rich in antioxidants and helps in fighting the damage caused in various tissues of the body at a cellular level. Damage is caused by free radicals that are produced during the various metabolic processes of the body.
- Include lots of fresh fruits and raw salads, cooked green leafy vegetables and nuts in your diet. This makes sure that you have enough stores of vitamins and minerals in your body and do not suffer from any deficiencies. A well nourished body stays healthier for longer.
- Cut down on salt, fats and empty calories like those those come from colas and syrups. Fats contribute to majority of heart diseases, increased salt intake causes your blood pressure to shoot up leading to unnecessary stress on your system. Likewise, sugar in excess also makes a person prone to diabetes.
- Do not load your body with toxins. Do not consume Alcohol, caffeine or indulge in smoking. The cleaner your system is, the lesser your body needs to flush out and the healthier it stays.
- Exercise regularly. Make it a point to exercise at least 4 to 5 times a day for at least 40 minutes. This flushes out toxins in form of sweat, reduces excess blood sugar levels, and increases your heart rate moderately.
- Practice deep breathing exercises. Certain studies show that doing deep breathing/ pranayama in clean environment is supposed to slow down ageing.
- Consume Amla juice and coconut water to clean your system.
- Take vitamin E capsules, after consulting your skin care specialist.
How Can You Reduce The Visible Signs Of Ageing On Your Skin:
- A mix of some turmeric powder with sugarcane juice can be applied on skin to reduce wrinkles and fine lines on face.
- Massage some virgin coconut oil on face at night on the areas that are prone to wrinkles.
- Make a mixture out of honey and shredded ginger for youthful skin.
- Exfoliate your twice a week using a gentle scrub. This removes the topmost strata of dead skin cells that cause your complexion to look dull and lifeless.
- A face pack made out of sandalwood powder and rose water is another simple and easy anti ageing remedy.
- Another great face mask for skin can be made out of juice of tomatoes and lemon juice.
- Mash some papaya and apply it directly on skin for radiant, plump skin.
These are a few very simple and practical, hassle free habits and cures to age slowly and in a healthy manner. I hope you will try to incorporate these in your life and live a healthy, happy life.