Avocado oil is one of the best bets for moisturizing damaged, dry, and brittle hair and prevent hair growth. It is a lightweight formula that enables it to penetrate into your scalp and hair in a non-greasy and deeper way, stimulating hair growth. This oil is rich in various vitamins such as A, C, B, D, E, and K as well as minerals such as copper, iron, and magnesium. It is also a good source of various monounsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants such as phytosterols that help in keeping follicles unclogged and nourish the hair.
Here are four different ways you can use avocado oil to promote hair growth.
Using Avocado Oil To Promote Hair Growth
- Hair Conditioning Avocado Oil Mix
You can easily incorporate the avocado oil in your favorite homemade hair conditioning mixture to lock in the moisture and strengthen the hair. This conditioning mixture helps in preventing breakage while stimulating stronger tresses.
- Avocado oil – 1 tbsp
- Beer – ½ cup
- Mix avocado oil with beer thoroughly.
- Apply the conditioner on your hair after you have rinsed off your shampoo thoroughly.
- Wait for about 15 minutes and then rinse off well with plain water.
Repeat the process twice a week to see longer tresses.
- Hot Avocado Oil Treatment
Avocado oil can be mixed with coconut oil, sesame seed oil, or olive oil to prepare a hot oil treatment. Apply this oil mixture on your scalp and hair well and wait overnight before washing off.
- Avocado oil – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil or olive oil – 1 tsp
- Add both the oils to a heat-resistant mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Heat the mixture over low flame for a minute.
- Massage the mixture into the scalp and hair with the fingertips. If you have oily hair, you can massage only your scalp.
- Massage the scalp and hair for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dip a clean, soft cotton towel in warm water and squeeze completely.
- Wrap around your head for 15 minutes for deeper penetration of the oil mixture.
- Wash off with your usual shampoo and condition thoroughly to lock in the moisture.
Do this hot oil treatment once a week.
- Avocado Oil Egg Hair Mask
Egg and avocado render the scalp and hair the proteins that are essential for hair growth. Along with stimulating the circulation, this hair mask also provides an invisible sunshield that safeguards the hair from damages.
- Avocado oil – 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Honey – ½ tsp
- Egg– 1
- Crack the egg into a mixing bowl and whisk it thoroughly, until it becomes frothy and fluffy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the oils and honey well and keep aside.
- Add oils-honey mixture to the beaten egg, one teaspoon at a time, beating well after each addition. Keep mixing the mixture until you get a thick, smooth consistency.
- Wash your hair thoroughly with shampoo and dab dry just enough to remove excess water. The scalp and hair should be damp.
- Apply the mask evenly to your scalp and hair and wait for 15 minutes.
- Wash off thoroughly with warm water.
Use this mask once a week for longer, stronger hair.
- Mayonnaise Avocado Oil Nourishing Hair Mask
This mask is a rich and nourishing hair mask that offers you the benefits of a hair spa. It is also one of the best hair masks for stronger and longer tresses.
- Homemade mayonnaise – ½ cup
- Avocado oil – 2 tbsp
- Thyme essential oil – 6 to 8 drops
- Powdered Indian Gooseberry – 2 tbsp
- Add powdered Indian Gooseberry to a mixing bowl and remove the lumps, if any.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk mayonnaise with avocado oil and thyme essential oil thoroughly.
- Add the mayonnaise and oil mixture to the powdered Indian gooseberry until you get a paste of spreadable consistency.
- Apply the mask on your scalp and hair thoroughly and wait for about 30 to 60 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Shampoo and condition as usual.
Use this pack once a week.
Experiment with avocado oil today for longer, stronger hair!