If you are a fitness freak with a dedicated exercise regimen, then you probably have no issues with sticking to your daily workout. But if you don’t belong to this rare category, then you’re probably always trying to convince yourself to go to the gym on a daily basis. After visiting a gym religiously for the first couple of weeks, you may find yourself coming up with excuses not to go.
Most people are enthusiastic about exercise at first, but after the novelty wears off, they start to see daily exercise as nothing but a boring chore. For this very reason, walking is an extremely fun way to relieve the feeling of boredom and get your daily exercise quota as well!
Why is walking an ideal exercise?
Walking has many benefits over going to the gym. Some of these useful benefits are:
- Walking relieves the boredom of having a tedious and predictable regimen of exercising in the same spot daily and using the same equipment.
- It is free and will save you quite a bit of money if you choose to walk instead of opting for a gym membership.
- You can feast on the local sights as you exercise and you never have to stick to just one route. You could also try visiting your neighborhood parks if you don’t want to deal with the bother of traffic.
- Walking can be so much more than just exercise. You can also turn it into a social activity by forming an informal walking club with colleagues from work or with people from your neighborhood. It is also a good way to develop friendly relationships with others.
- Walking outdoors is so much easier on the eyes than staring at the walls of your local gym. I mean, you can smell the fresh air and look at brightly colored flowers as well as fit in your daily dose of exercise. It just doesn’t get any better than this, does it?
What are the benefits of an evening walk?
Experts all agree on one thing- walking doesn’t do you any good unless you do it regularly and effectively. It isn’t the time that matters so much as the fact that you set aside a particular time everyday for a daily walk.
That being said, many people enjoy walking in the evening because they can enjoy this evening walk after they get all their work done for the day and have no troubles weighing on their mind. Also, for those who aren’t exactly ‘morning people’ and dread the thought of exercise in the morning, an evening walk is the perfect solution!
An evening walk has the following benefits:
- It gives your mind a chance to relax after a hectic day at your workplace and warms up your muscles giving them the exercise that they need.
- An evening walk leaves you feeling refreshed and also boosts energy levels.
- An evening walk of only 30-60 minutes is more than enough to get your daily dose of exercise and keep your body healthy.
- Going for a daily walk in the evening relaxes you and leaves you feeling calm. This helps you to sleep better at night.
- It can help you to effectively lose weight.
- Going for a walk just before eating gives you a good healthy appetite.
- Hormone levels and body temperature are said to peak at 6 pm. If you would like to build muscle or increase your endurance levels, you need to exercise either 3 hours before or after this time.
With so many benefits, it is difficult not to put on your walking shoes and head out for an evening walk. Are you going for one?