Yoga can help you lose weight; yoga can give you a flat abs; yoga can combat depression and anxiety. You would have heard all these. But can yoga really give you that instant surge of energy when you really need some? Yes, it can. And yoga does this by allowing you to breathe right while aligning yourself in a posture. Here are a couple of postures that you can try to bubble up with energy.
Energy Boosting Yoga Poses
1. Virabhadrasana III – Warrior III Pose
Improve your balance and posture while strengthening yourself from inside with this pose. It works miraculously in your shoulders, chest, back, abs, and legs. Spend 60 seconds on each side and see the energy filling in you.
- Stand on the yoga mat, feet together, spine, head, and neck erect and in one line. Let the hands rest along the sides, palms facing the ceiling.
- Stretch your right leg backward, turning the feet at 90 degree towards your right, soles resting firmly on the mat.
- Place your left foot firmly on the mat, facing towards your front wall.
- Inhale and bend the left knee, allowing it to stack atop the ankle. You should be able to see your left toes. Keep the hips squared to the front.
- Balancing yourself on the left leg, exhale, and lift your right leg aligned at hips.
- Move your torso off the hips, allowing the legs and torso to come in a straight line parallel to the floor.
- Inhale and stretch the arms to your front, aligned with ears. Those who find it difficult to hold here can place the fingertips on the floor or a block for balancing.
- Hold the posture for 60 seconds
- To exit, release the arms and then the legs.
- Come back to initial position.
- Repeat with the other side.
2. Utkatasana Twist – Twist In Chair
Utkatasana is a fabulous thigh and leg toner. Plus, it improves your energy levels within seconds. You are left refreshed.
How to do:
- Stand with feet together and abs sucked in, spine, neck, and head in a straight line.
- Exhale and push your hips backward and indulge in a half squat akin to sitting on a chair.
- Inhale and lift your hands over the head aligning with your ears, fingertips facing ceiling.
- Exhale and bring your left hand outside your right knee is such a way that left elbow rests just outside the right knee. Join the right palm with the left in Namaskar mudra.
- Inhale and twist your torso to your right, lifting your chest up.
- Hold the pose for 8 deep breaths, pushing your hips backward and deepening your squat with each exhalation.
- Relax, inhale, and come back to initial position.
- Repeat the same with the other side too.
3. Cat Cow Vinyasana
Move your body swapping it gently into Marjariasana and Bilatasana. It fills you with inner energy while splashing that extra dose out to keep you refreshed.
How to do:
- Come down on the yoga mat on all your fours.
- Keep the torso parallel to the floor, while legs make a perpendicular with the mat.
- Stack the palms right under the shoulders.
- Keep the toes extended.
- Inhale, lift the tailbone, chest, and head up and gaze at the ceiling. Ensure that the lower back looks concave.
- Exhale, round your back, release your neck, tuck your chin into your chest, and drop the head down.
This completes one round. Do 10 such rounds.
4. Adho Mukha Svanasana – Downward Facing Dog Pose
The ultimate energy booster, you can even do it when you are sitting in front of your computer in your office. Jut ensure that you are bending forward completely, foot pressing down onto the floor behind you. Spread the fingers out in front of you for additional grip.
How to do:
- Stand on the mat, spine, neck, and head erect, hands resting along your body, palms facing the thighs.
- Inhale and bring your hands overhead.
- Exhale and fall forward from the hips, fingertips touching the floor, hands at shoulder width.
- Fix your gaze on the floor.
- Inhale and move your legs backward, one at a time. At the same time, let your palms rest firmly on the mat at shoulder distance.
- Adjust the distance between palms and foot so that both are aligned.
- Pull your knee caps, constrict your hamstrings and glutes, suck the navel towards the spine, and smooth down your elbows.
- Inhale and lift the hips towards ceiling, engaging your navel deeper, while pushing the soles of the foot towards the floor.
- Hold the posture for 20 deep breaths.
- Exhale and join your feet in between the palm, placing one foot at a time.
- Inhale, come up, and relax.
If you are seeking for that much require bursts of energy, then you ought to be practicing these yoga postures. Make them a part of your daily life and you are sure to be brimming with happiness and energy always.