When your body gets heated up, sweating is the natural immune response. It can be annoying or embarrassing at times, but without it you cannot stay healthy either! This is the biological process to discard the heat from the human body. Through perspiration, toxins accumulated in the body also get an outlet. Apart from heat, your body sweats when you are subjected to stress. When your body loses its ability to sweat, that can be quite uncomfortable and risky in the long run.
What Is Anhidrosis?
Anhidrosis- also referred as hypohidrosis is a physical condition that takes place when your body cannot sweat. When this happens, the fluid that would otherwise have been discarded gets stored inside the body. It can be unhealthy, since the toxins cannot get discarded through perspiration. It can eventually lead to onset of heat stroke, which is why anhidrosis should be taken with caution. However, mild cases of this disorder can be hard to diagnose.
Basic of Anhidrosis
As a matter of fact, anhidrosis can affect specific parts of human body but sometimes it can affect the entire body. There are several causes behind its onset in humans. It can manifest as symptoms of several physical ailments or health hazards. Some people inherit it while for some others, the onset can occur at a later stage in life.
Causes of Anhidrosis
The most common causes of anhidrosis include:
- Drugs like morphine
- Fabry’s disease
- Exfoliative dermatitis
- Skin damage caused by radiation and infections
Symptoms of Anhidrosis
The most common symptoms of the disorder are:
- Very poor sweating
- Ultra sensitivity to high temperatures
- Heat cramps
- Rapid heart-beat
Moderate to severe instances of anhidrosis can be easy to detect owing to the nature of symptoms.
Treatment Options For Anhidrosis
As anhidrosis can be caused by several factors and symptoms are easily perceptible, most treatments focus on treating the symptoms. You can find relief by using some natural and home based treatments:
- Baking Soda – Baking soda aids in alkalize human body and this helps the body to sweat naturally.
- Cucumber Juice – Anhidrosis is often caused by dehydration. That is why you need to take foods that hydrate the body. Cucumber juice helps hydrate body very well. So, the body’s natural sweating method kick starts.
- Sea Salt – In taking sea salt helps human body release more water through sweating.
Several types of Chinese origin herbs are said to be effective in treating the disorder. They are:
- Licorice Root, Ginseng and Astragalus Root – These are powerful herbs that can be used to treat sweating related problems. Their use can result in improved lung function with respiration. So, your body does not get overheated. These can often be mixed with food or tea for use.
- Soybeans and Ginger – When you eat these powerful herbs, you can actually fight skin conditions that thwart sweating and cause heat stroke. Both Ginger and soybeans are known for their powerful antioxidant properties. Ginger can stimulate blood flow, thereby enhancing the chances of sweating.
Commonplace Remedies For Anhidrosis
To thwart the onset of Anhidrosis, it is important that you evade overheating the body. For this, you can adopt some preventive measures to stop heating up the body too much:
- Drink fruit juice or beverages that have electrolytes.
- Avoid going out in the sun, especially during the middle of the day.
- Avoid strenuous activity as far as possible.
- Wear loose, skin friendly fabric.
- Stay in a well ventilated space, if possible in an air conditioned space.
While preventive measures and home remedies can be quite good for treating Anhidrosis, at times they may not yield suitable results. In extreme cases of this disorder, such remedies may be rather ineffective. If that happens, you should get in touch with doctors and seek medical intervention. At times, you may be unwary about the fact Anhidrosis is triggered by specific medication you are taking, Proper diagnosis by expert doctors can reveal their root cause. In that case, using an alternate medicine that does not lead to the symptoms can be the solution.