Suffering from cold symptoms is never fun. The sneezing, coughing, and fever alone are enough to send folks hopping back into the bed because they feel so miserable. While there is not currently a cure for colds, there are a few treatment options that will let you feel better in the meantime.
- Over the counter treatments like cough and cold medicine can help you feel better. Keep in mind that these medications do not make your symptoms go away. These medications simply treat your symptoms for a short period of time. If you choose to purchase cough syrup you should make sure that you buy one that contains an expectorant to help make your coughs more productive.
- Salt Water– Salt water can be used to as a gargle to relieve sore or scratchy throats. You can also use salt water to rinse out the nasal cavities of mucus.
- Steam-Kicking back in your steam shower is not only a relaxing way to enjoy yourself it is also a way to treat your cold. It can help you breath more easily as the steam will clear out your nasal passages. There are even certain strains of the cold that cannot survive nor thrive under extremely hot conditions. You can feel free to turn up the heat and make yourself comfortable as you begin to feel better as you inhale the steam.
- At Home Natural Remedies- There are a number at home remedies that can treat symptoms of a cold. Taking supplements like Vitamin C, zinc, or garlic can help you get to feeling better before you know it. Chamomile tea has also been effective in treating cold symptoms. Some people have even gone as far to claim that lemons and caffeine can also be used to treat the symptoms of a cold. Chicken soup has also been accredited to helping with a cold, although there is no evidence to back up this odd claim. Colloidal silver supplements have also been accredited with treating some cold symptoms.
- Spicy Food-You can even eat a meal that consist of extremely spicy food to help your sinus drain if they are stuffy. This is not recommended for those who are suffering from a sore or scratchy throat. This is also not recommended for those who easily experience heart burn
- Common Sense– Use common sense when treating a cold. Make sure that you get plenty of sleep. Sleeping for a period of at least eight hours or more will help your body get the boost of energy that it needs. You should also be sure to drink plenty of fluids. You will need to drink at least six eight ounce glasses of water each day to keep yourself fully hydrated. It is also important that you maintain a healthy diet. While you may not feel like eating, it will help you kick the cold even faster. Everyone has a comfort food to eat when they are sick. Start with a healthy version of your favorite snack. Be sure to eat foods that compliment one another on a dietary level.
Video – Common Cold – Natural Ayurvedic Home Remedies