Freckles are areas on the skin where there is a large amount of melanin (skin pigmentation). Freckles are common in fair haired people and children and usually fade as one grows into adulthood. Many people find freckles cute or attractive and there are no health problems with having freckles. Some of the methods to get rid of freckles are more involved than others and really will depend on how important it is to you that you get rid of them. However, if you do have freckles and want to get rid of them then read on.
How to Get Rid of Freckles
- If you really want to get rid of your freckles then you can visit a doctor and seek out laser freckle removal or cryogenic freezing of freckles.
- Over-the-counter bleaching creams are also available. Be sure you are fully aware of what you are doing and get medical advice before trying anything like this. How important is this to you?
- Apply lemon juice directly to your face twice a day and let it sit for at least 15 minutes. You can also apply it at night before retiring and wash it off in the morning after rising. This will also increase your sensitivity to sunlight so wear sunscreen when you go out. If you find your skin drying up from this then you can either cease doing it and find another option or try using moisturizer.
- Use a cosmetic cover-up. This is not permanent removal but can significantly reduce their appearance without damaging your skin or any other complications. And if you decide you want them back you can just stop using the cover up.
- Rinse your face with sour milk or apply sour cream over your entire face, let it sit for 15 minutes and then wipe it off with a towel or tissue, but don’t rinse. Or create your own recipe from the options below.
Freckle Removal Cream Recipes:
The follow ingredients can be applied directly to the skin or you can try adding them to yogurt or your favorite cream, or by applying directly to the skin. Most of these will make you more sensitive to sunlight, so be sure and use sunscreen when you go outside.
Lemon juice, Parsley juice, Onion juice (or crushed onions) – not a very pleasant solution, Cucumber juice (you can also crush a cucumber into paste and use the resulting material, Fenugreek oil (Dilute in cream or yogurt)
- A mixture of 2 oz. Lemon juice, 2 oz. rum, 1 tsp. glycerin, and 4 tbsp. buttermilk – let the mixture set on your face for 30 minutes and wash, no more than twice a day.
- A mixture of 1 tbsp. yogurt and a dribble of honey. Apply this directly to your freckles and it let set for 30 minutes before washing.
If you want to avoid the increase of freckles on your skin then be sure to stay out of the sun whenever possible and wear sunscreen when you do go outside. Or you could just learn to love your freckles!