With the present health trends, it is not an unusual phenomenon to have mercury poisoning. The other name used for mercury poisoning is mercurialism. People also identify it as hydrargyria. When the level of mercury elevates in the blood of a person, the condition is known as mercury poisoning. It is becoming more common nowadays. One of the biggest reasons behind it is that people regard their present eating habits as healthy, which is not the case. If you are eating a large quantity of fish on daily or even weekly basis, it doesn’t represent your healthy eating habits. Mercury is observed to be able to concentrate in the fatty tissues, as it is lipophilic. Unfortunately, our brain mostly constitutes of fat, and this is the area mostly affected by the mercury poisoning.
- Loss in sensory perceptions and impaired coordination are two of the most common symptoms of mercury poisoning. If you are having problems in hearing or are getting blurred visions, mercury poisoning may be the factor behind it. It is also responsible for various mental problems and causes confusion. Mercury poisoning also causes rashes on the body, in some situations. A doctor can easily evaluate the level of mercury in the body of a person through a simple blood test. If you are facing such problems, you are suggested to consult a physician as soon as possible. Following are some of the ways that can help you get rid of mercury poisoning: Minimize the quantity of fish in your meals- This will reduce the level of mercury, after a few days.
- Identify other items that are causing an increase in our mercury level. Apart from fish, there are certain fillings that can cause mercury poisoning. Reduce the usage of such things.
- If you work under such conditions that you are exposed to mercury, wash your hands thoroughly, after work. Clean your clothes that are likely to be in contact with the mercury during your work.
- Avoid eating sushi for a while. This will decrease the level of mercury in your blood stream.
- The traditional medicines used by most of the physicians or therapist include chelation. It is used for absorbing mercury. However, it is better for you to consult your doctor before using it. The majority of the times, doctors prescribe DMSA (dimercaptosuccinic acid).
- There are a number of books on this topic that are being sold in the market. You can get some incredible information from those books and journals.
- Liver detox program is the most recommended program when it comes to mercury poisoning. Although there are many other alternatives, this therapy works best for such patients. Toxin materials are filtered from the blood through this treatment.
- You can take antioxidants for excreting mercury. Scanvengers are also used in this regard. This will ensure the removal of excessive mercury form the system.
- If the blood flow is healthy, the possibility of problems decreases. Exercise is the key. If you maintain a healthy routine, you can get rid of mercury poisoning very easily. Aerobic works best for most of the people. Therefore, you are suggested to do regular exercise.