Nobody wants to catch it, but nobody can also prevent it as the flu season is there and everybody is suffering through it. This problem is stuffy nose. A quick recovery is always preferred from a stuffy nose so that one can concentrate on its task and work. The following ways can be used to overcome these problems:
• Take decongestants and analgesics: it can make you feel better as they reduce the symptoms of stuffy nose.
• Exercise regularly: it is very good for your body to exercise regularly. Daily exercise makes the respiratory system much better, making the body’s immunity system much resistant from viral diseases. So does exercising on a regular basis also during the winter months as these may prevent you from the flues that generally spread in the winter months.
• Load up with vitamin C: Vitamin C prevents your body from the infections which are being caused due to bacteria and viruses. The risk of getting a stuffy nose can be prevented by taking the supplements of vitamin C. So you need to have lots of fresh fruits and juices to make sure that you have loads of intake of vitamins in your body on a daily basis.
• Use of antibiotics: acute sinusitis can also be cured with the use of antibiotics. The experts have also created antibiotic nasal sprays to overcome the problem of acute sinusitis, so you can also take the advice of your doctor for sure.
• Antifungal medications: If you do have chronic sinusitis than you can also opt for antifungal medications so as to overcome this problem. Remember to consult a doctor or these infections may also lasts for weeks.
• Fight allergies with antihistamines: An allergy may be caused due to viral or bacterial infections. Chronic sinusitis may also be caused due to allergy. So need medications for this purpose.
• Stop smoking: acute sinusitis may turn out to be chronic sinusitis if one does not stop smoking. Smoking does not to heal but to cause intense damage by swelling up the sinus membrane of your internal throat. So at this stage you need to learn how to quit smoking.
• Gargle saltwater: this is the most common homemade remedy known for years but is also the most effective. If you try out this method then the symptoms are surely to go away, as this removes the extra layer of mucus that is caused due to the bacterial infections.
• Don’t blow your nose hard: it would only worsen your condition if you blow your nose too hard. The sinuses of you breathing system get tired due to this reason; rather making you feels more problems in breathing.
The best way to avoid stuffy nose is to stay away from those people who are having stuffy noses.
These precautions and treatments will surely help you remain away from stuffy nose and still if they don’t work then consult your doctor as soon as possible.