Are you suffering from beriberi? Do you want to get rid from beriberi? Beriberi is a disease formed by an absence of vitamin B1 (thiamine) in the body. While beriberi can happen in anyone who is poorly nourished, today, beriberi arises typically in patients who abuse alcohol. Drinking deeply can clue to poor nutrition, and extra alcohol creates it harder for the body to engross and store thiamine.
If you eat an average, strong diet, you must get sufficient thiamine. A rare illness identified as genetic beriberi is inherited. Persons with hereditary beriberi drop the ability to engross thiamine from foods. This can occur gradually over time and signs happen when the person is an adult. Beriberi can happen in breast-fed babies when the mother’s body is missing in thiamine. The disorder can also disturb infants who are fed unusual formulas that don’t have sufficient thiamine. Beriberi is caused by a fungal infection as well as the deficiency of B vitamin or thiamin.
There are two main types of beriberi, and they are as follows;
- Dry beriberi and Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome disturb the nervous system.
- Wet beriberi disturbs the cardiovascular system
Symptoms for Beriberi:
- Distension of stomach or edema
- Loss of weight,
- State of mental mix-up due to polyneuritis, which is inflammation of numerous neurons,
- Vomiting, sickness, anorexia, and stomach pain,
- Wasting of muscles, cramps, and pain in body parts,
- Diarrhea and Constipation,
- Overall growth is reduced,
- Loss in capability to intellect vibrations, paralysis, nerve deterioration, and coma are usually detected in chronic and plain stages.
- Increased heart rate,
- Reduced growth in young ones,
Treatment of Beriberi:
You have to know that the treatment for beriberi must be supervised by a health care professional. The plain treatment for beriberi is to bring thiamine levels in the body back to in average range. This is able over the administration of oral or injectable thiamine supplement.
1. Nutritional Supplementation:
For cases of minor symptoms, take thiamine (30 mg a day in separated doses). For severe signs, take thiamine (30-100 mg each day in separated doses), along with vitamin C, vitamin B complex, a multivitamin and multi-mineral complex.
2. Flower Essences:
Rescue Remedy® for generalized stress (four drops in a half-glass of water). Drink regularly, and then recap. Single flower essences are useful to ease emotional distress and stress from physical illness.
Sulfur can benefit ease the symptoms of beriberi.
Eat foods ironic in thiamine and other B vitamins such as brown rice, raw fruits and vegetables, particularly green leafy vegetables, etc. Drinking extreme liquids (more than one glass) with meals may shower out thiamine and additional B vitamins. Also evade raw fish because it covers an enzyme thiaminase which reasons a breakdown of thiamine. So, ingesting of fish must be evaded in order to keep the current vitamin B1 in the body.
5. Avoid Drinking After Meals:
Vitamin B1, exist a water soluble compound, inclines to get drained out of the body if extra liquid is drunken later meals.
6. Home remedies:
- Legumes: Most of the legumes, seeds and nuts cover thiamine in their outer cover. These can be used regularly, if not regularly.
- Whole Grain Brown Bread: Grains that covers outer layer of grains are very ironic in thiamine. Feeding persons with thiamine-rich brown bread can also donate to the overall vitamin content in the body.
- Brown Rice: Brown or husked rice is reflected to be the best source of thiamine, and so should be made a part of our even diet. Try evading polished or dehusked rice as they absence vitamin B1.
- Milk: Milk is an ironic basis of vitamins and other mineral nutrients and must be consumed on regular basis.
- Almonds: Almonds decrease beriberi because they contain all the key minerals and vitamins which are vital by the body to keep healthy and solid and well-functioning. They have intense amounts of thiamine and if eaten frequently, the deficiency will be removed in a very small time.
- Potatoes: Its ironic content of phytochemicals, potassium, iron, copper, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and vitamin B1 keep severe diseases at bay and surely benefit to cure beriberi by providing ample thiamine to the body.
- Sunflower Seeds: Sunflower seeds have countless healing and remedial powers which treat a host of diseases and illnesses as of their superb anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These seeds include selenium, tannins and omega 3 fatty acids and have great amounts of vitamin B1, B5, and B6.