There are many people who would love to own cars which they can use to travel on whenever they just want to visit somewhere. However you can either buy a new or a refurbished second hand car from a dealer in your area. For those who may have bought new cars from manufacturers may have discovered that the cars usually have a certain smell that may not be pleasing to some people.
In fact this smell is not good to human health as it may cause some health complications to the respiratory organs such as the lungs. This is why to ensure that you find a way that you can use to get rid of this kind of smell once you notice this kind of problem. The first thing that you have to know is that the smells in the new cars come from many areas and therefore you will not be able just to get rid of it through a simple procedure.
First of all the smell is a result of different chemicals which has been used to keep the car new and also to preserve it in this state. You will have to have several things in place so that you can be able to deal with this problem accordingly. The first and the most important thing that you will have to ensure that you have is a chemical remover that can be in form of deodorizer or mask.
These elements are available in the local shops and you can research for the best agents that can perform this task perfectly. After finding the best smell remover then you have to ensure that you carryout the following task to be completely sure that you will get rid the smell.
What are the causes of bad smell in new cars?
- One of the causes of bad odor in the new cars is caused by the smell that is emitted by the polythene that wraps the sits of the car. It can be a good thing to ensure that you remove the polythene from the cars since they always carry the chemicals that was used to preserve the car in its brand new state. Once the polythene covers are removed from the car then the car will have minimal smell left which can disappear on due time.
- The major reason for the smell in the cars is the polish that the car is given when it is being manufactured. The company will want the car to look better and apply different types of polish that will make the car to look stunning while on display.
- Another reason why you may have a new car smell is due to the adhesive that are used in cars. Since they are new and therefore not worn out the smell that comes from these compounds will add a very stingy carbon smell in the car.
- Cleaners that are used to clean the car while in the company may be of high preservative nature and therefore may contain high amount of chemicals that will give the car a brighter color when still in the show room and can cause this problem as a result.
Tips for Getting Rid of New Car Smell
- Set the vent to ‘fresh air’ rather than ‘re-circulate’. This will helps to get rid of odor quickly.
- Use car fresheners, especially the lemon lime ones, can reduce new car smell.
- Place the Pineapple and lemon slices inside the car, as they will provide a good fruity fragrance and fend off the odor inside the car.
- Driving you car by opening the windows as often as possible, this will helps in emitting out the foul smell from inside your car.