Avocados are one of the super foods on this earth that has countless benefits for the health and skin. Avocado oil extracted from this buttery fruit brings with it the goodness of vitamin E and healthy fatty acids that are good for the skin. Avocado oil can be consumed or applied topically to reap in their anti-acne benefits. Along with easing the inflammation caused due to acne, avocado oil eliminates the free radicals that cause these outbursts. It calms the skin and diminishes the scars also.
Read on to know more about how you can use avocado oil in your acne care regimen.
How To Use Avocado Oil in Acne Treatment?
While the fruit as such is known for its anti-acne properties, studies reveal that cold pressed avocado oil offers the same benefits. While it is suitable for all skin types, it is especially beneficial for dry skin and skin prone to outbreaks.
- You could use this Vitamin E-rich oil as your daily anti-acne moisturizer.
- You can mix this oil with castor oil and use it as a massaging solution to ward off acne. Apply it in generous quantities and massage thoroughly in circular motions. Cover your face with a clean washcloth dipped in warm water and leave on for 10 minutes. Do this daily to ward off your acne.
- You can mix avocado oil with sesame seed oil as your pre-bedtime facial. Leave on overnight.
- Make a thick paste of avocados with turmeric powder. Cleanse your face thoroughly and apply the mixture on the affected area. Wash off the next day. Do this regularly till your acnes and their scars vanish.
Avocado Oil Face Masks To Clear Acne
Avocado oil, akin to the creamy fruit, can easily be incorporated into a homemade face mask to ward off acne and do away with the scars. Use the packs twice a week until the acne disappears. You should continue using the pack, at least once a week to prevent the recurrence of acne and for a clean and clear skin.
1. Avocado Oil Neem Turmeric Pack
Neem is a powerful antibacterial and antiseptic agent while turmeric brings in its anti-inflammatory properties. Avocado oil enriches all these properties; it also brings the goodness of vitamin E.
- Neem powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Water – sufficient to make a paste
- Avocado oil – 6 drops
- Add neem and turmeric powders to a medium sized mixing bowl and mix well using a spoon.
- Add water to the mixture and keep stirring until you get a thick paste with a spreadable consistency.
- Add avocado oil and give the paste a quick mix.
- Cleanse your face thoroughly using a soap-free cleanser and warm water to open up the pores.
- Apply the paste evenly on your face. Using the fingertips, massage in gentle, circular motions.
- Leave the mask on the face for 15 minutes or until the pack dries.
- Rinse off with warm water.
2. Avocado Oil Honey Cocoa Powder Face Pack
This face pack is one of the simplest, yet most effective ways to ward off your acne. Along with cleansing your skin, this face pack also gifts you a radiant and glowing skin with no traces of blemishes.
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Avocado oil – 1 tbsp
- Add cocoa powder into a small mixing bowl.
- Add lemon juice and honey, one teaspoon at a time, alternating with each other to the cocoa powder. Using a spoon, keep stirring the mixture to ensure that there are no lumps.
- Add avocado oil and mix thoroughly into a spreadable consistency mixture.
- Cleanse the face using a cotton ball infused with rose water.
- Expose your face to steam to allow the pores to open.
- Apply the mask on your face, in upward strokes, massaging gently with your fingertips.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and wash off with warm water.
Have you ever tried avocado oil in acne treatment? Share your experiences with us!