Asthma is one of the scariest things as it makes you feel like you are getting choked and you try to get as much air as you can. The air does not seem to go to the lungs. Having an asthma attack is not an easy thing and even the people around gets panicked.
Causes of Asthma
The real cause of asthma is still not found yet even after so much advancement in the field of medicine. However it is said that the asthma can be caused due to the environmental as well as genetic reasons.
Following are some of the asthma triggers:
- Physical exertion
- Air pollutants
- Allergens such as animal fur or pollens
- Strong odors
- Strong emotions
- Preservatives in the foods
All asthma patients do not have the same triggers so it is better to consult your doctor and get to know about your trigger so that you may be able to avoid it in future.
Getting Rid of Asthma
Doctors say that it is not possible to totally cure the asthma but it is treatable. You should adopt all those ways which helps you to prevent the asthma attack. Some of these steps are as follows:
- Exercising – Rigorous physical activity is one of the triggers of the asthma so how come exercising is the treatment? You need to know that the regular moderate physical exercise makes your heart and lungs strong and healthy so that you would be able to breathe easily. Avoid exercising in cold conditions as it may trigger the asthma attack.
- Avoid all Allergenic triggers – the best and the most effective way to stay away from asthma attack is to religiously avoid all allergenic triggers.
- Temperature Controls – It is better to control the temperature of the home you reside like for winters, you should have a warm cozy home and in summers, when it is hot and humid, the temperature inside should be cool and dry.
- Use hypoallergenic blankets and pillows – There are some pillows and blankets which can aggravate your asthma attack and to avoid such conditions you need to use hypoallergenic pillows and blankets.
- Maintains Cleanliness – even dirt and dust can aggravate the asthma problem. Make sure to vacuum clean your carpets and sofas on regular basis.
[ Read: How Yoga Can Help People With Asthma ]
It is necessary to go for the regular checkup to the doctor to ensure that your health is safe. You should adopt the healthy ways of living and avoid all the things that make you feel sick or aggravate your problem.