Hardwood flooring has a good superior finish, wears and is easy to care with no-wax required. They also have superior resistance that avoid from getting them stained from most of the very common households like coffee, tea stain, shoe polish, colour, lipstick, acetone, ketchup, mustard. But, still this needs few very easy maintenance steps that will keep them protected inters of investment and keep then looking new.
Tips To Care For Hardwood Floors:
- Always make Use of a soft cloth that will blot any spills and even spots instantly as they happen.
- Keep in mind to allow the liquids to stand on the floor.
- Always do Sweeping, dusting, or vacuum on the floor very regularly. Use hard floor attachment that will prevent any accumulation of the dirt or even grit that tend to develop scratch or make them look dull as a floor finish.
- Cleaning the floor with some good quality Hard Surfaces Flooring Cleaner can give a perfect care to our floor.
Things To Avoid For Hardwood Floors:
- Use of any oil based products like wax, polish, or nay strong ammoniated or even abrasive cleaners must be strictly avoided.
- Never make use of the steel wool or even scouring powder.
- Don’t wash or even wet-mop your floor with the soap, ammonia, water, oil-soap detergent, bleach or any liquid cleaning material. They can lead to swelling, joint-line separation, warping, delamination that can void the warranty.
- Never make use of any type of buffing machine.
Other Hardwood Floor Care Tips:
- For the spots like candle wax, chewing gum, you can harden the place with some ice and gently you can scrape this with a plastic scraper like credit card. Keep in mind that you don’t scratch your flooring surface. Wipe this clean with any soft damp cloth.
- For any tough stains, you can use good quality of Hard Surfaces Flooring Cleaner.
- Never use any buffing machine type.
- Use some protective mats. Good quality of entry and exit mats is useful to gather any dirt, stains, sand, grit, and any other substances like oil, asphalt, or even the driveway sealer which is seen on your flooring. Never make use of rubber- or even foam-backed plastic mats that tend to discolour your flooring. To avoid any slippage always make use of approved vinyl rug that are under the layment.
- Always make Use of the floor protectors on your furniture. They must be wide-load-bearing with leg bases or rollers that can minimize any indentations and even scratches from the heavy objects. For the heavier object the floor protector must be wider.
- Always maintain the relative humidity level at the normal indoor relative humidity that is just between the 35 and 55% all the year. This will minimize any natural expansion and even some contraction of wood.
- For Heating Season (Dry): use a humidifier that will help you to provide protection from the excess shrinkage for the low humidity levels. Few Wood stove and even electric heat can cause dry conditions.
- Non Heating Season (Wet): An ac, dehumidifier or heating system maintains the humidity in summer months. Thus, it is vital to skip excessive exposure to the water during this period of inclement weather.
- Never make use of any sharp objects. While Hardwood floor are one of most wear resistant floors available in the market, some sharp or even pointed objects tend to damage them.
- Keep a Watch on your feet. Always remove the shoes that are spiked or have damaged heels just before you walk on the floor. They tend to lead any indentations in the flooring.
- It is also necessary to keep a Watch on the pet’s feet. Thus, to avoid this you can keep their nails trimmed. This will help you keep them at bay from scratching.