Coconut oil is the current rage. Even though coconut oil has been pitched in for its beauty and hair benefits, it has some really amazing potentials for the health of children. This medium chain fatty acid oil is a good source of moisturizing, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. Here are some of the interesting benefits of coconut oil for your child.
1. Clean The Meconium: Dip a clean cotton piece in coconut oil and use it to clean the meconium off your newborn. This cleansing will also ensure that the site does not get any infections.
2. Natural Massage Oil: Almond oil and coconut oil can be mixed in equal proportions to prepare a super cool massage oil for your baby.
[ Read: How Sesame Oil Benefits For Baby Massage ]
3. Good For The Hair: A little coconut oil is sufficient to tame the unruly curls of your kid. It also adds a shine and keeps the hair moisturized.
4. Cure For Cradle Cap: Apply a little coconut oil topically to the cradle cap of your baby to eliminate the scales. It is safe and the skin also becomes soft.
5. Could Help in Managing Autism: Various studies conducted on the benefits of coconut oil suggest that this hydrogenated cooking medium could be useful in managing and easing autism and its symptoms.
6. Heals Diaper Rash: Apply a little coconut oil on your baby’s diaper rash and watch it vanish in no time. It heals the area and eliminates the inflammation and redness.
[ Read: How To Use Olive Oil For Your Baby ]
7. Cures Yeast Infections: If your baby or toddler is suffering from an acute attack of yeast infection, apply coconut oil and be at peace.
8. Helps To Manage Baby Acne: A mixture of coconut oil and turmeric powder could help in clearing up the baby acne. It eliminates redness and inflammation and prevents the area from infection and scarring.
9. Natural Remedy For Chicken Pox: Coconut oil could be administered safely to children to ward off chicken pox. Topical application of this oil could also ease the itching, alleviate the inflammation, and lower the severity of the condition.
10. Helps To Do Away With Lice: Warm coconut oil with 2 pods of crushed garlic and use it to ward off the pesky lice.
11. Home Remedy For Cold And Throat Infections: Heat 3 tbsp of coconut oil. Add about 6 to 7 camphor flakes to the heated oil and on low flame, allow the camphor to dissolve. Allow the kid to inhale the fumes to open up the congested chest. This mixture can also be massaged on the chest and back to ease the cold.
[ Read: How Desi Ghee Is Good For Your Babies ]
12. Cure For Oral Sores: A mixture of coconut oil and salt is one of the most effective home remedies for mouth ulcers in children.
13. Heals Ear Infections: Add 2 pods of crushed garlic to 2 tbsp coconut oil and heat the mixture. Instill a few drops of the warm mixture in the affected ear two times a day to ease the infection and eliminate the pain.
14. Cure For Sty: Coconut oil can be used as an effective natural cure for sty. Dab a clean piece of cotton on coconut oil and apply it atop the sty. Do this thrice a day to ward off sty.
15. Natural Skin Moisturizer: Moisturize your baby’s skin by adding a few drops of this oil to the baby bath. You could also apply it in the place of baby lotion after the bath.
16. Heals Wounds, Cuts, and Bites: Rub a little coconut oil directly on the bite or wound to hasten healing and prevent infection.
Have you tried coconut oil for your child? Share your views and experiences!