Ashwagandha, one of the most popular herbal remedies, is used as an essential component in Ayurvedic medicinal therapy. This herb is also referred as “Indian Ginseng” for the rejuvenating effects provided. This herb has its habitat in sub-tropic regions of the country, including Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, and Punjab. Most of the medicines produced by this herb are prepared using the leaves as well as the roots.
The common names generally used for this magical herb are Ashwagandha, Palasparni, arahkarni, Pivari, Ammukiram, Turagi (Sanskrit), Pushtida, Asgandh (Hindi), Bajikari, Amukira (Tamil), Keramaddinagaddi (Kannada), Pennerugaddaa (Telugu), Trittavu (Malyalam), Amukkaram, Asod, Ghoda Akan, Ghoda Ahan, Askandha (Marathi), Vajigandha, Winter Cherry (English), Ashwagandha (Bengali) and Asun (Gujarati).
Benefits of Ashwagandha
This potent ‘rasayana’ herb is recommended by conventional Ayurvedic physicians for rejuvenation of mental aspects including memory, comprehension and recollection. It works great for mental power and capabilities. The health benefits of Ashwagandha vitiate increasing immune health, physical and mental health and sexual abilities as well.
Ashwagandha for Increasing Height
Age appropriate height not only makes a person look good, but also boosts his confidence level. Short height might lead a person to get self conscious and also lessen the confidence level.
The height of an individual depends, to a large extent, on his genes. However, genes are not the only factor responsible for a person’s height. This aspect of physical growth is also influenced by the hormone called HGH (Human Growth Hormone). This growth hormone is secreted by the pituitary gland and remarkably influences the growth of cartilage and long bones.
It is a general belief that height doesn’t grow after you reach 18 years of age. However, few inches can be added to your height even after you turn 18. The magic key is Ashwagandha, more popular as the Indian Ginseng. This magic herb is known to work wonders on an individual’s height in the most natural way.
As stated by traditional Ayurvedic physicians, Ashwagandha carries numerous minerals that broadens the bone structure and increases its density as well, thus increasing the height by a few inches. This herb can be obtained easily from herbal stores. Besides, it can also be consumed in the form of Ayurvedic medicines formulated specifically for the purpose, in the form of tonics as well as tablets.
Ashwagandha is known to provide magical effects on the immune system and physical growth as well. The Ayurvedic tonics for Ashwagandha are generally prepared using the roots of this popular herb. There are numerous brands offering Ashwagandha Ayurvedic tablets for increasing height. The best form to consume Ashwagandha, however, for effective results is the powder form.
Other Health Benefits
Ashwagandha is known to provide outstanding health benefits for problems like arthritis, hypertension, headaches, weakness, back pain and similar ore. It is also known to prevent premature aging, revitalize the whole body as well as increase the sperm count not only in men but in women as well.
Some unknown health benefits of Ashwagandha include:
- Treatment of rheumatic pain, nervous disorders, inflammation of joints, and epilepsy
- Dried roots tonic is excellent for hiccups, cough and cold
- Improves female reproductive system
- Improves memory
- Great for treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, insomnia and memory loss
- Works wonders on treatment of neurological disorders, anxiety, and inflammation
- Treats Parkinson’s disease
- Aids enhancement of female libido for being a brilliant uterine tonic
- If prepared with ghee, honey and sugar is excellent for sexual disorders like erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, and low libido
- Enhances haemoglobin count in blood
- Treats leprosy, asthma, hypertension, and paralysis
- Prevents the occurrence of aging signs
Dosage instructions have been provided below for your guidance:
- Mix 2tbsp Ashwagandha powder with 1 glass lukewarm milk. For best results, use cow’s milk.
- Add jaggery or sugar for taste and mix thoroughly by stirring.
- Make a routine to drink daily before bed.
- Drinking it regularly will produce positive results for sure.
- Ashwagandha is not recommended for patients suffering from congestion and cough.
- It is not recommended for pregnant or lactating mothers.
- It should not be consumed empty stomach.
- It should not be combined with antacids.