Who does not want to have shiny and thick hair? This is the dream of millions of men and women, but few can implement it. If hair growth woes are making you worried, it is time you seek a natural solution. Instead of spending money after OTC hair care products, try using some natural extracts and herbs to give your hair a lustrous glow and volume. Ginger may be a worthy contender in this regard.
Ginger To Resolve Hair Woes
Ginger is one herb that is found in most households and its main use is for culinary needs. However, the herb with various healing benefits can also be used to treat hair problems in people. There is no reason you should not want to use ginger to treat hair problems, truly! It does not contain allergens or any chemicals- which is what you get in many OTC shampoos and hair serums. The aroma may be a little strong for the tastes of some, but it is not intolerable as such. The herb has proven antioxidant properties which makes it safe and beneficial for the scalp and hair.
Advantages of Using Ginger For Hair Growth And Health
There are numerous benefits of using ginger to promote hair growth and resolve scalp and hair issues:
- Applying ginger on hair roots and scalp help stimulate blood circulation which leads to hair growth.
- Ginger has mild antibacterial properties. This can be ideal when scalp infection is leading to hair fall.
- It can also be effective in treating dandruff, which is among the top reasons of hair loss.
- It works well in conjunction with other natural ingredients for hair health.
[ Read: How To Use Beer For Shiny Hair ]
5 Ways To Use Ginger To Resolve Hair Woes And Promote Growth
You can use ginger in many ways to enhance hair growth and resolve scalp problems. For the desired results, you should acquire fresh and organic ginger roots. In case you do not get fresh ginger roots, ginger powder can also be used. Below listed are the top ways to use ginger for hair health and growth:
- Ginger and Olive Oil- Using ginger with olive oil can be excellent for promoting hair growth. You will need to use fresh ginger roots. Peel the outer layer and make some juice using a juicer. Mix this juice with olive oil in a bowl. You may also take jojoba oil. Mix it well and then massage the mix on your hair roots slowly using the fingers. Let it get soaked by the hair and scalp for some time. Wash hair using a gentle shampoo. Do this once or twice per week to get desired results.
- Ginger Juice- Using juice of ginger can also be beneficial for your hair and scalp. Mix ginger roots with a small amount of water and using mixer make the juice. Use cheesecloth to separate the shredded pieces and juice. Apply the juice on your scalp directly and let it get soaked well. Wash off with a shampoo after 15 minutes or so. This can be done two to three times every week.
- Ginger and Lemon– A mixture of ginger and lemon juice can be ideal when you are suffering from itchy scalp, dandruff or fungal infections. Lemon has antibacterial properties and natural acids that help eliminate infections and dandruff. Take the juice of a ripe lemon and mix it with ginger juice in a bowl well. Then massage it on the scalp with fingers. Store the remaining mixture in fridge for re-applying later. Let the juice get soakedby scalp and wash off later.
- Taking Ginger Internally- Apart from an external application, you can start eating ginger in so many ways to promote hair growth and avail health benefits. It can be mixed with honey and smoothies, salads and can be used to prepare many food dishes.
- Ginger Power and Carrier – You can mix ginger powder with carriers like honey and coconut oil and apply it on hair to promote hair growth. You may mix the powder with honey to form a thick paste too. Apply it on the hair strands and keep it on for some time. Wash off with lukewarm water to get shinier and healthy hair.